Sunday, May 16, 2010

Change and Patience

This will be another post with no photos - sorry about that. :-)

I'm finally settled in the new job. The first week was very rough (I had to resist the temptation to go out to my car and just drive home.) The second week was better. By the end of the third week, I was fairly comfortable, and confident that I can be a productive member of the team. Luckily, everyone has been friendly and supportive and very very nice, and I'm so thankful for that! It's been many years since I worked full-time outside of the home (I telecommuted for my last full-time position.) It's an adjustment!

On top of starting the new job, other big changes have been afoot at our house. My son Matt did move out - he's living in a lovely place with several roommates and is happy. Sam, my youngest son, got a new job, too - working at an auto parts store. He's only worked a few days, but apparently really feels at home there and is happy with his job.

Now to the issue of patience. Remember when I said Matt's old room will become my loom room? Well, that is still the case, but it turns out a LOT of work has to be done before that can happen.
  • repair two holes in the wallboard
  • repair one broken window
  • replace the ceiling fan (and probably the light tracks on the ceiling, too)
  • install new closet doors
  • paint
  • install new laminate flooring
So although the shell of the room is there, it's going to take a while to get it functional and ready for me to move my looms in. I keep reminding myself that yes it would be wonderful to move in now, but yes I will be rewarded for my patience. Having to do all those things nights and weekends will make it take some time, but my goal is to have a wonderful weaving studio by Bastille Day (my birthday.)

1 comment:

Life Looms Large said...

So many changes afoot!! Glad you're adjusting to your new job. Full-time in-an-office work would be a huge adjustment for me too. Good luck with it!!

Great that your sons are doing well!!

That sounds like a lot of work on your future loom room!! Good thing you have a timeframe in mind. Around here it would be hard to make that much progress in the summer. We really seem to lose our mojo at this time of year!!

Fingers crossed that your looms are happily in the loom room by your birthday!!

Sue