Friday, January 22, 2010

Waterworld

We've had drought conditions for so long, and water restrictions that got tighter and tighter, so this abundance of water has been astonishing!

Here's what our backyard looked like yesterday.

This is looking through the French doors next to my desk. Thankfully - we didn't have any trees fall. (Thought the green belt that runs by our house on the other side of the wall is littered with branches, as is the eucalyptus aroma.) No major leaks, either, although the rug under my desk was damp near the door, so some moisture blew in. We'll have to fix that. Much of the water has finally drained away, though we do still have a standing pool. It's probably time to have roots cleared out of the drain pipes, I suppose.

3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Wow - I've been hearing about all the rain in CA. But seeing it in your yard drives home how very wet it is out there. Glad you're making it through pretty much unscathed.

The storms have mostly gone across the country to the south of us, but I think Sunday night and Monday one of them will make it here as rain. We're forecast to get 1-2 inches. If it were snow, that would be over a foot of snow I think.

Stay dry!

Sue

Lynnette said...

Water is so destructive isn't it? We need it so badly, but too much and we're in a world of hurt. We have NO snow at all, none, nada and today it was 45F, unheard of here in January. Scary weather patterns all the way around. I hope the water drains without doing any more damage...

Life Looms Large said...

Cool that you're working on the furoshiki pattern a little bit!! That way, by the time I actually make one it will be even cooler! (Although it's already wonderful).

I'll be really interested to see how many of them pop up in the blogosphere in the next couple of months (from people who are way better at the implement & maintain phases of life than the two of us are!)

I've seen another bag around that reminds me of the Furoshiki, but it somehow has a middle divider. I'm not sure if cutting is involved in that pattern though. I'll have to pay more attention next time I see it!!

Take care!
Sue